Medi Massage is open!
Please read the following changes to expect for your
Clients will now be required to read and sign a waiver. Please follow the link below to print and fill it out:
Medi Massage was established in 1996 and has been treating clients since then. We are currently located in the Northeast end of Edmonton and have convenient FREE parking for our clients all the way around the building.
Alida Chapman, the owner, graduated from Continuing Education Services (CES, later renamed Metro Community College) in June 1996. She has worked closely with physiotherapists and chiropractors in order to gain a much higher level of knowledge which she now passes on to clients.
For many years she had visualized a massage clinic that would serve her community in a soothing and quiet environment. Alida wanted to bring together a team of professional massage therapists to achieve this goal. In June 2009, this goal was achieved.
To support the massage profession in becoming an alternative therapy to health care by maintaining a skilled and caring team that the public and other healthcare providers trust.
Our mission is to utilize professional effective treatments in order to facilitate the healing process and promote wellness in each individual.
Massage therapy is a safe, nurturing and structured touch administered to another person by the therapist in order to provide a therapeutic or relaxation effect. It may be summarized as having a physical, physiological and psychological effect.
No, not on normal tissues. On painful tissues it may, depending how tender the area is. The amount of pressure applied depends highly on the client. It is important to always tell your Massage Therapist if you feel any discomfort so they can adjust the pressure to the level that is good for you.
Although AHC does not, many private or auto insurance companies do provide partial or full coverage under their benefits plan.
– You may be required to obtain a Medical Doctor’s referral to qualify. Check with your company’s primary health plan. If you were involved in an auto accident, talk to your “Primary Health Care Provider (PHCP) such as your Doctor, Physiotherapist or Chiropractor about receiving massage at the same time during the 10 or 21 treatments.
– Direct Billing may be approved by your insurance company.
- Do you suffer from stress, tension headaches, chronic back pain, shoulder or neck pain or stiffness?
- Are you a weekend athlete/gardener?
- Were you involved in a car accident and have been diagnosed with whiplash or sprain and strain injury?
- Did you slip or fall and feel pain or stiffness in your back, legs, neck, arms or shoulders?
- Are you pregnant or a new mom?
- Do you want to improve your general well-being?
- Are you in need of a vacation but cannot afford the time or money?
- Or would you just like to relax and be pampered?
If you said yes to any of the above, then massage therapy is for you.
Why live with any of the above pain and stress – try massage – it will help.